help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radauth

From: Charles Sprickman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radauth
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:28:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Georges EL OJAIMI wrote:

> I also tried to set the authentication type inside of the 'users' in
> (/usr/local/etc/raddb) with no luck.
> - Can somebody give me a sample structure of this file for users to be
> authenticating on MySQL?

I think your problem with the encrypted password is that you need to use a
standard DES or MD5 crypted password, not MySQL's own crypt function.
Cutting and pasting a password from a standard unix password file should
give you something to test with.

> - How can I define the type of the
> password (Encrypted or not -- and what algorithm should I use)?

I *think* that putting an entry like this in the users file is needed for
clear-text (I had to do this to get CHAP working):

Auth-Type = Local,
                Password-Location = SQL,
                Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Session-Timeout = 0,
                Idle-Timeout = 0

Take this all with a grain of salt, I haven't been using gnu-radius for
too long...

Thanks,

Charles