help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radwho so slow..

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radwho so slow..
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:29:22 +0200

Martin Laflamme <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1.  Each time I do a radwho, it's very slow - it takes abou 5 to 10 minutes
> to show everyone who is logged in.  Is this normal, if so why?

You seem to have problems with hostname resolving. Try running radwho -n.

> 2.  We sometimes fail to receive accounting packets when someone
> disconnects.  Our limit of connections is 4.  So, instead of doing
> a radzap on each individual person, we simply delete the radutmp
> file - is this a problem?

Yes, it is. Generally speaking, having to use radzap already is a problem.
This means that multiple login checking is not setup properly. Please
refer to

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_87.html#SEC175

for the detailed description of the subject (pay attention to section
named "Verifying Active Sessions" -- it is basically what you need to set up).

Regards,
Sergey