help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] 'Radiusd' executable does not 'make' in Cygnus (XP

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] 'Radiusd' executable does not 'make' in Cygnus (XP) for radius-1.3
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:59:04 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, D Saban wrote:

> Installation problems for radius-1.3 in Cygwin (running on XP):

I mean this in good humor, but did you get a receipt from Microsoft for
your soul? I am amused that your client prints nonstandard characters
and you are installing gnu-radius on a windows XP machine. Sorry, to
answer your question...

> Making all in radiusd
> radiusd.c:33:21: radiusd.h: No such file or directory
> radiusd.c:34:28: radius/radargp.h: No such file or directory
> radiusd.c:35:28: radius/radutmp.h: No such file or directory
> radiusd.c:36:26: radius/argcv.h: No such file or directory
> radiusd.c:37:21: rewrite.h: No such file or directory
> radiusd.c:38:23: snmp/asn1.h: No such file or directory
> radiusd.c:39:23: snmp/snmp.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from radiusd.c:40:

This is definitely a complaint about your "include" environment when
you are compiling radius. Of course radiusd being the main process will
have the most overreaching use of the included files. Check to make sure
that the include directories that your make is looking in include these
files it is looking for. I have on occasion used the duct tape method of
moving/copying *.h files into the directory it is looking in instead of
trying to get all the directories added to the make command.

I haven't compiled gnu-radius from scratch in a few months (I'm spoiled
by the ports.), but there should be some pretty obvious options if you
more the configure file for adding to the include directories. I can
tell you from other posters on the list, gnu-radius does compile and
work on cygwin. I believe Dale is the on list resident who actually got
it to work.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=cygwin&submit=Search%21&idxname=help-gnu-radius&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

Gerald