help-gnubatch

[help-gnubatch] gbch-xq

From: Todd Jackson
Subject: [help-gnubatch] gbch-xq
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:06:30 -0700

On my CentOS 5 system, I have to do xhost + before I can run gbch-xq.  I'm pretty sure this is because this program is setuid gnubatch, but does anyone know a way to avoid having to do the xhost command (and disabling X security)?
Even when I do the xhost command, I get the following errors from gbch-xq (or gbch-xr), but other than this message the program still works.

gbch-xq: Warning! /home/tjackson/.gnubatch exists but is not readable!
gbch-xq: Warning! /home/tjackson/.gnubatch exists but is not readable!

    -- Todd