help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] gbch-xq

From: John Collins (personal)
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] gbch-xq
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:52:10 +0100

On 26/10/10 21:27, Jan Schampera wrote:
John Collins (personal) wrote:

The scheduling stuff is now done using threads and each level of the job queue hierarchy has its own thread. So there is only one multi-threaded btsched.

That sounds perfect. And it sounds like you already got some uncommited but working code, curious to test it ;-)

I've been so busy the past couple of years getting GNU people licked into shape and 100001 other diversions for that and my other product that I haven't looked at it since then which is a huge pity.

I am just re-doing the Windows clients for that and my other product - GNUspool (please feast on that it's 1000000 times better than CUPS with proper dynamic networking) and then I'll restart on that.

I've got everything working on the scheduler and client interfaces with regard to the job queues, condition structures and all that's left is to debug the scheduling bit - it's about 80% there. Just some bits round the edges and some of the clients to do and the user interfaces need to be made more pretty.

The code is about 3 times as many lines as the current version and all in C++ with fancy template stuff and all. I do the stuff with the message files differently so it doesn't have the pre-processing system.

I'll get the stuff I'm doing right now out of the way and hopefully restart on this before Christmas and try and get it in a state where people can help debug and finish it by the New Year.

I'm sure it'll be a mega-killer and knock Autosys and the like into a cocked hat. (Even though I say so myself).

--
John Collins address@hidden
Phone: +44 (0)1707 883174 Mobile: +44 (0)7958 387247 Work Phone: +44 (0)1707 886110