help-gnubatch

Re: [help-gnubatch] gbch-rr question

From: John Collins (Xi Software Ltd)
Subject: Re: [help-gnubatch] gbch-rr question
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:14:36 +0100

On 13/09/11 17:36, Michael Moser wrote:
I'm sifting back through the reference manuals to see if I missed anything, but I thought I might get a better answer here.

My setup:
Arch Linux 64-bit on a Linode (cloud server) as the master GNUBatch server
CenttOS 5.x 64-bit on a Linode as a workstation

GNUBatch cloned from the git repo, dated 2010-10-22.
./configure, make, make install (install needed a few minor fixes) on both boxes

What works:
I can submit jobs logged in to the GNUBatch server, either as gnubatch, root, or myself
no issues with GNUBatch - the jobs run as planned

What I can't get to work:
I can't seem to submit jobs to the GNUBatch server from any remote workstation.  I have run
gbch-start on my workstation, and made sure that the services were defined in /etc/services.  I get:

--------
address@hidden ~]$ gbch-rr -Q dev-mongo -u mmoser -T13:57  ./batch
No such valid user on remote devmongo
--------

(I realize that -u is probably redundant, but I get the same response if I don't use it).  I get the same response whether I'm submitting as me (mmoser), root, or gnubatch.

I do have reciprocal entries in etc/gnubatch.hosts:
    my workstation declares dev-mongo with an alias of devmongo
    dev-mongo (the master GNUBatch server) declares the workstation as a host

I hope I've given you enough info, and thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike

It does need the user name set up on the remote system to be roughly the same.

I have put in code recently to overcome that requirement and I'll put it up hopefully in the next month or so together with a whole raft of other stuff, notably a new MS Windows client suite.

--
John Collins address@hidden Xi Software Ltd www.xisl.com

Phone: +44 (0)1707 886110 Home Phone: +44 (0)1707 883174
Mobile: +44 (0)7958 387247 (address@hidden)

Trading Address 3 Mandeville Rise, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 7JT, UK

Registered in England Company Number 01977148 VAT GB 403 9239 64 R/O: 2 Mill Road, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 8BD