help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Help-gnucap Digest, Vol 88, Issue 3

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Help-gnucap Digest, Vol 88, Issue 3
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 12:25:12 -0500

On Monday 07 January 2013, Romain GAILLETON wrote:
> 95% of the computing times seem to come from the LU operation
> according  to the "status" command.
> I  am running Gnucap on Windows using the last available
> version (2009) So I tried to run it on Linux using the 0.35
> version but the improvement was not as good as expected.
> We end up with 5% gain on the computing time using the same
> parameters  you gave us earlier. Would you expect this
> result too ?

The issue I mentioned that sometimes the old version is faster
has to do with a readin problem (status "get").  If status is
showing 95% in LU, that's not the problem.  If the old version
is any faster in this case, it is probably random slop or
compile options, or maybe a side effect of differences in time
step control.

Since you are getting 95% in LU ..  what is "density"?  That's
where node ordering comes in.  For a passive circuit, it is
normal that most of the time is in LU.