help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Major ouches

From: Tom Barnes-Lawrence
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Major ouches
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:13:58 +0100

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 07:39:33AM +0100, N. Durner wrote:
> Try
> ---
> gdb gnunetd
> run -d -L DEBUG
 I could have sworn I'd tried running gnunet under gdb a few months
back and had weird results, something about unknown signals.
But mebbe that was the gtk client rather than gnunetd (as gnunetd
didn't give me many problems back then).
 I've just tried this now.

> after the crash type
> ---
> ba
> ---
> and send the output.
 Well, it doesn't seem to get this far under gdb: after the run
command, it says (again) something about unknown signals, spawns
2 threads, and then is very very quiet. No network activity, and
gnunet-stats cant connect. The processes still seem to be there,
and gdb doesn't say anything more.

 Did I have to pass some configure option for debugging symbols?
The only time I've really used gdb was with my own (recent) program,
that just used a Makefile (without autoconf).

> > So, is nobody else getting this level of flakiness?
> My gnunetd has an uptime of 13 days (the checkout was done before the
> official 0.5.3)
> > Could it be because I tried using the berkeley db option?
> I'm using it, too.
 Ah.
 Is it possibly to do with the crypto stuff? Maybe everyone else has
moved onto using libgcrypt and it's more stable than openssl??

Tomble