help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] Major ouches

From: Tom Barnes-Lawrence
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Major ouches
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 03:24:49 +0100

Hi, me again...

 The other day when v 0.5.3 was released, I realised that I'd not been
using GNUnet for ages (because I'd not been updating). Sorry. Been
busy with other stuff.
 Yesterday,  I got down to installing the new version and clearing out
the old cruft from the database.

 Soon after starting it, I noticed that gnunetd had silently died.
I restarted it, and restarted searches that were running
(not much up yet, is there?)

Soon it became apparent that it was actually dying pretty often,
I'd got the impression that it was something to do with the searches
returning new results, or being cancelled, or something.
I gave up and went to bed.

Today, I looked at the options, and tried running gnunetd with
the -d flag so I'd see what happens.

It segfaulted in a few seconds without me even doing a thing.
Tried again, and again, and then tried without the flag (as
I wrote a tiny script to check if it's running), and that
seemed to make no difference.

So, is nobody else getting this level of flakiness?
Could it be because I tried using the berkeley db option? Could
it be because I've not inserted any content yet? Any ideas??

Tomble