help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] BDB and insertion problems

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] BDB and insertion problems
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:40:39 -0500

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 15:22, Milan wrote:
> Hi !
>

> milan:/home/milan# ldd /usr/lib/libgnunetafs_database_bdb.so | grep libdb
>          libdb3.so.3 => /usr/lib/libdb3.so.3 (0x40069000)
>
> Seems to be version 3, right ?

Yes. What I cannot answer is if that is the source of your problems.  Nils may
have some experience here, and if so, we should probably put a version number
into the requirements on the download page (hint!).

> Something strange is this error (from my previous mail) which seems to
> be fatal :
>
> nov 08 20:47:04 ERROR: 'lt_dlopenext' failed for library
> 'libgnunet_protocol' at dso.c:87 with error: libgnunet_protocol.so: Ne
> peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de
> ce type [Can't open shared object : No such file or directory]
> nov 08 20:47:04 ERROR: Could not initialize application ''
>
> It seemed really bad but gnunetd didn't consider this as necessary. This
> library isn't present in /usr/lib as other gnunet libs, but there are
> several other lignunet*_protocol.so. apt-file tells that no such file
> exists in packages, so isn't this an error ??

Looks like in your configuration file the entry under APPLICATIONS is
malformed.  GNUnet tries to load an application module with an empty name
(ok, maybe the parser could be improved, too).  What does

$ grep APPLICATIONS /etc/gnunet.conf

say?

Christian