help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] synchronize folders

From: Gerard Lamirraud
Subject: [Help-gnunet] synchronize folders
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:59:37 +0200

Hello,

Can I use GNUnet to synchronize folders ?

I have a folder which is a family picture album.
I want that somes friends and some family members synchronize this album.

By "synchronize" and want that :
 - any members can download this folder
 - any members can view (unencrypted content) this folder locally and view each pictures.
 - any members can add/modify picture and re-publish the folder.
 - non members can't access data.

I don't need censorship resistant network, but I need a private network, and some transport encryption because it's private

content. I need bidirectionnal updates (synchronization). I don't need anonymity.

GNUnet is not build to do this, but perhaps it can fit my needs.
The "best" software for this, is Bitorrent-Sync, but it's not open-souce and we can't use our own tracker.
I can developp my own synchronizer but this is not necessary if GNUnet can do this with some hack !

I thing, I must publish the folder with indexing, and not inserting mode.

Should I use Namespace (updating content) ?
I don't understand the updating mechanism ?
How to handle conflict ? example : 2 members adjust color of a picture, and they publish the pictures (same name but
different content)