Re: Using the libobjc patch

From: Graham Lee
Subject: Re: Using the libobjc patch
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:32:34 +0000

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 10:12 AM, Graham Lee wrote:

So far I've built gnustep-make 1.5.0, sourced ~/GNUstep/[...]/, built gnustep-objc and installed it into my own ~/GNUstep hierarchy. But now I need to be able to build and link an objc program using the new library, to prove its usefulness. This is where I'm stuck.

After installing gnustep-objc, you should re-configure and re-build gnustep-make (and re-source GNUstep Make will pick up on the fact that you have a new installed version of libobjc and use that.

This does work - thanks. However I'd also like to be able to use the patched libobjc to create "quick 'n' dirty" Objective-C programs; the equivalent of typing `gcc myfile.m -lobjc' where myfile.m is based on plain ol' Object and libobjc.a is a static (and preferably working) object. Is this possible?

Graham Lee, Wadham College OX1 3PN