Re: GORM: adding columns to NSTableView

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: GORM: adding columns to NSTableView
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:12:38 +0100

In article <mailman.2102.1076284868.928.help-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nothing...  you need to double click the table and then click on a column.
> Copy it and then past it.   That should add a column to the table.
>
> I've been considering modifying the inspector to have a "add column" button to
> simplify this.

I think it'd be a great idea.

 But just in case you haven't seen Apple's IB recently: They have a
"number of columns" edit field in there, and if you enter a higher
number it'll add that many columns.

 Personally, I'd find this more convenient, as usually I create a new
NSTableView, and then I know I need it to have n columns, so entering
that number is way faster than clicking an "add column" button n times.

 Which doesn't mean I think the button is bad, mind you. As long as
there is an explicit way to add a column, it's fine with me.

Cheers,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de