Re: gnustep-base and GMP

From: Eric Heintzmann
Subject: Re: gnustep-base and GMP
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:37:13 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Oct 13, 2004, at 5:17 PM, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Eric Heintzmann wrote:

   Hi,
Just a question, to seek the correct build-dependencies of the official Debian gnustep-base package:
is gnustep-base uses the mpfr library from GMP ?

As far asw I remember GNUstep base doesn't actually use GMP, it is just there as a requirement as soon as we enable the code inside of NSDecimal.m. As I don't know what mpfr is all about I cannot tell, if we would be using this than or not.

I'm pretty sure we don't use mpfr either.

I've checked whether gnustep-base uses mpfr by grepping for the
two header files, mpfr.h and mpf2mpfr.h.
It seems gnustep-base does not use mpfr.

   Thanks