Re: Distributing gnustep-based software

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Distributing gnustep-based software
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:36:04 +0000

On 4 Feb 2005, at 16:14, Sébastien Pierre wrote:

Hi everyone !

I was wondering if it is possible to statically link everything that a program uses in GNUstep, so that I can end up with an executable that will "simply work out of the box" on Linux systems with or without GNUstep.

No ... the system uses some data files (character sets and time zones at least) ... so you have to distribute them and put them in the correct directory hierarchy even if you were able to statically link. Simplest just to distribute all the shared libraries as part of your package. You can certainly distribute a full GNUstep setup as part of a package though.