Re: 16 bits RGB TIF support ?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: 16 bits RGB TIF support ?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:30:51 +0100

christophe.jalady@free.fr wrote:
Selon Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com>:

On Mar 7, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Christophe JALADY wrote:

Hello,

When I try to load this picture
http://christophe.jalady.free.fr/V1.2-sat281203.tif
there's no complain, but when I try to display it, I've this log
message: "Bizzare number of bits per sample 16" ; and nothing appear!
(This picture is a 16 bits per plane, RGB TIF picture.)

Did someone can read the .tiff picture under GNUStep ?

I use the last sources release version (under linux debian sarge).
Have you an idea how can I resolve this pb?

Looks like you are the first to ever need this feature. You may need to implement it yourself, or convince somebody to do it for you.

For xlib you need to add something into _bitmap_combine_alpha() to handle this case. Of course by implementing _get_bit_value(), _get_image_pixel() and _create_image_row() to do this. Your code will probably have to convert the image down to 8 bits per chanel in _get_image_pixel(). Looking at the code there, you may just be lucky and a few local changes may be enough.

Sorry, that I am not offering more help. I hate all that bit fiddeling.

Fred