Re: GNUStep + Metacity

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUStep + Metacity
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:06:26 -0800

Jonathan Fischer wrote:
I've run into a few problems using GNUStep with Metacity.  I'm using
Ubuntu Linux's Hoary Hedgehog pre-release, using their pre-build
GNUStep packages.
It's GNUstep :) </pedant>
(make-1.10, base-1.10, gui-0.94, back-0.94)

The first thing I've noticed is that mouse clicks don't line up
properly with menus.  To click on a given menu item, I usually
have to click on the item below it to get it to work.  This doesn't
happen consistently, though it does affect sub-menus a great deal
more than it does the primary menu.

Second, combo boxes get drawn beneath their parent window. Always. It sucks.
Strange. Can you post screenshots?

Anyone know if there's a configuration switch of some kind I can use to fix these?
Not yet, but there probably will be

Jonathan