Re: GNUStep + Metacity

From: Jonathan Fischer
Subject: Re: GNUStep + Metacity
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:59:19 +0000 (UTC)

Alex Perez <aperez <at> student.santarosa.edu> writes:

> Jonathan Fischer wrote:
> > I've run into a few problems using GNUStep with Metacity.  I'm using
> > Ubuntu Linux's Hoary Hedgehog pre-release, using their pre-build
> > GNUStep packages.
> It's GNUstep :) </pedant>
> > (make-1.10, base-1.10, gui-0.94, back-0.94)
> >
> > The first thing I've noticed is that mouse clicks don't line up
> > properly with menus.  To click on a given menu item, I usually
> > have to click on the item below it to get it to work.  This doesn't
> > happen consistently, though it does affect sub-menus a great deal
> > more than it does the primary menu.
> >
> > Second, combo boxes get drawn beneath their parent window.
> > Always.  It sucks.
> Strange. Can you post screenshots?
> >
> > Anyone know if there's a configuration switch of some kind
> > I can use to fix these?
> Not yet, but there probably will be
> >
> > Jonathan

I didn't try enough apps for the combo box thing; it turns out that it's
just ProjectCenter, and only the New Project dialog.  It likes stay on top
of everything else, not just the combo box.

Screenshot here: http://public.csusm.edu/jonathan/Desktop.png

Sorry about the size on it, I don't know Gimp well enough to crop it in
the 5 minutes before I leave for work. :)

Jonathan