Re: ProjectCenter with multiple sourced

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter with multiple sourced
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 05:47:39 -0000

address@hidden wrote:
> On 2006-08-10 00:17:10 -0600 Sebastian Reitenbach
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > I thought I can use ProjectCenter to aid my fiddling around with
> > OpenGroupware sources. I have to source the from the
> >
> > before I can start using ProjectCenter. For me the gnustep-base
> > Foundation
> > and the libFoundation of OpenGroupware seem a bit incompatible. At
> > least I
> > did not got the gnustep-base, gnustep-gui,... working in combination
> > with the
> > gnustep-make and libFoundation downloadable from the OpenGroupware
> > project.
> > Can I tell ProjectCenter to use a different to setup a
> > different
> > environment for compiling and linking?
I just found out that someone wrote a port or some ports of GNUstep to
it seems these are for OpenBSD-snapshots, and will probably make it into the
OpenBSD 4.0 ports tree. You might consider looking there.
If you still want to read my experience, its not that much, as I had only some
minor problems, then let me know.

> Yes, please let us know anything you had to do to setup on OpenBSD.  I
> think to use all the GNUstep libraries for ProjectCenter, you will
> have to start it in a different shell, or perhaps write up some
> command to start it with the correct sourced. Like this:
where shall I put this command, in a shell script, and start that?

> projectcenter()
> {
>    . $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Libraries/Makefiles/
>    . $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Libraries/Makefiles/
>    openapp ProjectCenter
> }

I am wondering, i thought I must have sourced to actually let
ProjectCenter work.
For OpenGroupware I only have gnustep-base and libFoundation installed. When I
souce this file before starting project center, then I thought it
will just not startup because there will be a lot of the needed libraries
missing. Or did I misunderstood how you meant it?  Nevertheless, I'll try that
later today.

kind regards