Re: printf: doens't print on WinXP installation

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: printf: doens't print on WinXP installation
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:47:18 +0100

On 23 Oct 2009, at 03:23, jacksk58 wrote:

I'm runnuning this on an XP installation. I'm supplying - hello.m,
GNUmakefile and the text from the GNUStep Shell

Thanks

hello.m
===========
#import <stdio.h>

int main( int argc, const char *argv[] ) {
   printf( "hello world\n" );

   return 0;
}

GNUmakefile
==============
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

APP_NAME = HelloWorld
HelloWorld_OBJC_FILES = hello.m

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/application.make

I just tried that on my XP system, and it printed 'hello world' as expected. I'm using a setup made by installing the latest windows packaged from the gnustep website, and then updating to the latest code from svn trunk, but it seems very unlikely that any version difference would have changed the behavior of standard file operations.

The only thing I can suggest is that there's some problem with your installation.

You could try running the program directly ...

./HelloWorld.app/HelloWorld.exe

or running it under gdb

gdb ./HelloWorld.app/HelloWorld.exe