help-gplusplus

NSS Services

From: Christoper McClan
Subject: NSS Services
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 00:11:26 +0000

Appologies for earlier posting, of course the libnss_files files are in the glibc download, I just didn't look close enough!

As you can probably see, I'm fairly new to system development and I'm currently trying to write my own naming service. I've got the appropriate glibc manuals and have looked at the source code for some existing libnss* modules. I have the following questions :

1) Is this an appropriate mailing list for questions of this nature? if not, what would be? 2) Aside from the glibc manuals, where could I look for more information on implementing my own naming service (from a coding perspective as opposed to design perspective). 3) Is there any detailed documentation on how (for example) libnss_files is implemented, and how all the bits and pieces of code fit together?

Thanks,

Christopher.