help-gplusplus

help - SEGV_MAPERR

From: Guntupalli Santhi
Subject: help - SEGV_MAPERR
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:10:45 +0530

Hi,
    We are porting our application from Tru64 Unix to HPUX 11.23 (IA64).
It is 64 bit application and multi-threaded. During runtime i have seen strange behaviour of our application.

I am using g++ of version 4.0.2.

when i run my application it is dumping core at

dmn_arr<desc_obj> tobj; #line no 200

where dmn_arr is a template class and it is crashing as

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
  si_code: 1 - SEGV_MAPERR - Address not mapped to object.
0x9fffffffef7bce30:1 in dld_bor_text_entry + 0x81 ()
   from /usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so

As per my understanding the error SEGV_MAPERR is  it is not able to locate the template class od ( dmn_arr ).

Using gdb when i run the same application stepping each statement one by one it is working fine. if i put breakpoint directly at this statement( line 200) menetioned above  again it is dumping core as above.

What could be the problem. why i am getting this error. Any help is highly appreciated.

- GS