help-gplusplus

Re: help - SEGV_MAPERR

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: help - SEGV_MAPERR
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:21:40 -0800

santhi.guntupalli@gmail.com writes:

> I had downloaded
> gcc depot file from HP site and installed.

I take it that you did a sanity check on it, and trivial executables
compiled with it run fine?

> here is the dump of  x/20i (unsigned long)($pc-40) & (~0xF)

No further clues here :(

You'll need to either find IA64 platform guru (such people are rare),
or come up with a small test case which reproduces the problem.

You may also try to build your code with HP aCC, or with a different
version of g++, and see if the problem persists. If it does, it
is quite likely that the application is corrupting the runtime
loader (dld.so in which the crash is happening) data.

If that's the case, you could try tools like Insure++, or you
might try porting to Linux/AMD64 (a much more programmer-friendly
platform), where Valgrind is also available.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.