Re: Two systems -- supposed to be the same, but booting with grub differ

From: my59stang
Subject: Re: Two systems -- supposed to be the same, but booting with grub differently. What'd I miss?
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 09:07:42 -0700

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017, at 08:39 AM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> Where have you got this grub from? Again - it is not from openSUSE Leap
> 42.2 and grub.cfg did not look like created by openSUSE Leap grub2 either.

I had to check with the admin who installed these originally (grumpy on
Saturday morning!)

Looks like you're sorta right.   He said it's "for", not "from" 42.2.

Apparently it's the Tumbleweed one from

https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/Base:System/grub2?repository=openSUSE_Tumbleweed

but rebuilt  into a local repo for 42.2.  It's got to do with EFI and Xen
support.  Neither of which I'm using on these boxes yet, but Xen is gonna be
setup here pretty soon.  I guess when I upgrade hardware that EFI might be an
issue too.

I looked in the build service online and I don't see anything specific to
TrustedGrub but I do see lots of "TPM" patches that are I guess "Trusted
Platform Module " stuff.

So is this something that should get a fix in that Tumbleweed / BaseSystem one?

Or is the only option for now to get this downgraded from this 'basesystem' rc2
to the 'release' beta2 ?