Re: GNU SASL Summer of Code

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez
Subject: Re: GNU SASL Summer of Code
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 07:53:16 +0200

Hi Simon,

> (Altough the DIGEST-MD5 related ideas should probably never be
> done... the IETF appears to, rightly, be starting to kill DIGEST-MD5)

Many SASL projects states that CRAM-MD5 should be avoided because it is
deprecated in favor of DIGEST-MD5. So, an inevitable advise is to
recommend users to use DIGEST-MD5 (as we do at [1]) for new protocols.

Until now, I thought DIGEST-MD5 was fine. Why do you think DIGEST-MD5
should be killed?

Thanks for your thoughts Simon!

Francis Brosnan Blazquez <address@hidden>
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.