help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] GSL and C99 standard

From: Hongzheng Wang
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] GSL and C99 standard
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:47:06 +0800

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:41 AM, Brian Gough <address@hidden> wrote:
> At Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:47:06 +0800,
>
>  Do complex types acually work now? I haven't checked for a while but
>  according to http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/c99status.html they weren't
>  completed.
Yes, you are right.  The complex support (in C99 sense) is still broken.
The failure may be due to the incompatibility between the complex number
extension of gcc itself and the complex support in C99 standard.

>  I would like to keep C89 compatibility, which limits the extent to
>  which any new features can be used.
This is the safest choice, compared with those relying on unstable C99 support
or gcc's extensions.

--
HZ