aux directory causes problems for DOS-based CVS

From: Danilo Šegan
Subject: aux directory causes problems for DOS-based CVS
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 02:35:17 +0100

I have Internet connection currently only on a Windows PC, so I must use Windows CVS version.

When it comes to directory "aux", it fails because "aux" is, I believe, a special name in DOS and later. Since I didn't see in ViewCVS any content in this directory, I decided to skip it, and download everything else instead.

I have yet to try to compile OSKit-Mach, but I wonder is there any actual purpose for the "aux" directory?

If not, is there maybe a chance that it will be removed, so others attempting this weird scenario wouldn't experience the same problems?

Thanks,
Danilo