mach, mklinux, uml, and darwin.

From: Troy Truchon
Subject: mach, mklinux, uml, and darwin.
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:50:17 -0800

While reading about User-mode linux I got to thinking about how MKlinux works, after looking at their site it appears that it works in a similar manner (i.e. a port of a kernel to another kernel. and from what little I understand about Darwin it is a BSD kernel ported to mach. In theory could one run linux and/or BSD on top of the mach kernel alongside the hurd? It would make it a lot easier if I could run GNU/linux while gradually learning/using/playing with the hurd.

-troy