pfinet: malformed address

From: Ulrich Grün
Subject: pfinet: malformed address
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 09:33:50 +0100

I'm using the Hurd in a virtual machine (vmware. Network=bridged). When I try
to configure the network, I end up in some error message that I don't

The command I type:
' # settrans -fgap /servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet -i eth1 -a -m '

The error message:
' pfinet: malformed address '

I got the IP address and netmask from my Debian installation, also from within
vmware. I first tried the command with -g (and some address) with no

When I try ' # pfinet --help ', I get a ' -bash: pfinet: command not found '.

Now, it seems to me that there's something wrong with pfinet.

Thanks for any help,
Ulrich Grün.
      My Box said: "Install WinXP/Vista/Longhorn (what ever) or better ..."
                                   So I installed Linux.