Re: join

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: join
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 07:14:59 -0500

%% "Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <address@hidden> writes:

  msb> I guess I'm just being dense.  I see (and did look at before) the
  msb> 'join' function in the text functions section of the info pages,

Sorry, you're right.  Brian not functioning after vacation mode.

Use $(subst $(S),:,$(A)) instead, with the space-in-a-variable trick I
mentioned in my last email.  If you want to be extra careful, use
$(strip ...) on $(A) first.

GNU make's $(join ...) joins two lists, not one list with a separator.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/