SHELL overide

From: Gerould S
Subject: SHELL overide
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:59:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I just compiled GNU Make 3.8 on the PC with the microsoft compilers. I'm trying to overide the shell that is used by make.

I've tried various things like:
a) set the SHELL enviroment variable to the ksh that I want to use
b) set the COMSPEC enviroment variable to point to my ksh
c) do something like gnumake.exe SHELL=/myfiles/ksh.exe

None of these seems to work - did I miss something ?
(It only works if I set SHELL inside the makefile to the hardcoded path  which is something I'd like to avoid)

Thanks !
Jerry

Do you Yahoo!?