Re: make can not find .cpp file, any general comments or suggestions to

From: Dave Hylands
Subject: Re: make can not find .cpp file, any general comments or suggestions to debug?
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 00:15:42 -0700

Hi George,

I agree with all your points, besides,

> CPPCLAGS is used by th preprocessor, the C compiler,
> and the C++
> compiler (and other things that use the preprocessor

In my previous mind, CPPFLAGS is only used for
preprocessor, you mean it is also used for C and C++
compiler?

(I think maybe you mean C and C++ compiler invokes C
preprocessor?)

Yeah - Anything that uses the preprocessor uses CPPFLAGS. The C and
C++ compilers always use the pre-processor, so they always use
CPPFLAGS.

Assembler files that end in .s don't use the preprocessor so they
don't use CPPFLAGS, but assembler files which end in .S use the
preprocessor, so they do use CPPFLAGS.

CPPFLAGS should only contain preprocessor options.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada