Multiple files different flags needed

From: Anoneironaut
Subject: Multiple files different flags needed
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:02:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hey guys,

      Here is my situation.  I'm trying to make a bunch of files into a
single executable.  Most of these files compile and link with a uniform set
of flags.  However there are 2 or 3 files which have different flags.  What
I tried to do to make this work was to define a pattern rule and then define
these files hoping that they would override the pattern rule:

# General Rules for making
%.r37:%.c
        $(COMP) $(CFLAGS) $<

%.r37:%.C
        $(COMP) $(CFLAGS) $<

Test.d37: $(R37FILES)
          $(LNK) $(XFLAGS) $(R37FILES)

# Special Makes

Heap.r37 : Heap.c
         $(COMP) $(HEAPFLAGS) Heap.c

     However when I try this I get a "multiple target patterns" error.

I've read through the Gnu-make notes and looked at examples.. but nothing
addresses my problem.  So can anyone out there tell me how I can make a
pattern rule but allow for some exceptions to that rule??

Thanks,

Anon