RE: Unknown make error

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: Unknown make error
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:21:09 -0000

On 09 January 2008 18:11, Ken Smith wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2008 9:27 AM, Gregory Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Could someone help me fix this?  I don't even know where to start.
>
> The best place to start would be to contact the developers of
> canorus-0.5beta.R682.  They may already have solved this problem and
> you might find your answer in archives of their mailing list if one
> exists.

  I agree that the problem is with canorus, but I think we might be able to
take a guess at it here:

  Just looking at the path here:

> Unable to open file
> /home/gregory/tarballs/canorus-0.5beta.R682/Build/src//scripting/canoruspythonPYTHON_wrap.cxx:
>  No such file or directory

  I'd guess that "src/" exists in "canorus-0.5beta.R682/", not in
"canorus-0.5beta.R682/Build/", and that the package either a) doesn't support
building in a separate directory at all, or b) if it does, doesn't work if that
directory to be a subdir of where you unpack the tarball, but required it to be
a parallel directory alongside.

    cheers,
      DaveK