Re: some simple help

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: some simple help
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 01:42:38 -0400

I went by what you wrote in your previous message:

> ${addprefix ${CADENCEDB}/,${addsuffix /layout/layout.cdb,${FILES}}} :
> ${addprefix ${DROP_ZONE}/,${addsuffix .gds,${FILES}}

If the .gds files are what you're trying to produce then yes indeed,
they should be on the target side.

> ${DROP_ZONE}/%.gds :  ${CADENCEDB}/%/layout/layout.cdb
>    @echo "$<"
>
> THis printed out everything in the drop zone.

??? If you're printing $< then it will print the layout.cdb files, not
the drop zone files.

> I removed one of the files in the drop zone and it should have been
> the only one picked up

If it printed them all then the .gds files must either not exist, or the
layout.cdb files must be newer.

If you really can't figure it out, run with debugging enabled and
redirect the output to a file (there will be a LOT of it).  It will tell
you why make decided each target was out of date.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us