RE: how to allow multiple empty commands?

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: how to allow multiple empty commands?
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:00:20 -0800

Well, with Eric's suggestion as a starting point, I came up with the following
solution (to my possibly nonexisting problem) to make sure each header file is
given an empty command once:  make a list of header files!
Any time a header file is encountered, I do
INCL_PATHS+=foobar/foobar.h

Then some time later in the main makefile, I do
UNIQ_INCL_PATHS = $(sort $(INCL_PATHS))
$(UNIQ_INCL_PATHS):;
$(UNIQ_INCL_PATHS):

(the last one is to handle include file deletions)

This seems very elegant and efficient to me, thank you everybody.  Mark