RE: how to allow multiple empty commands?

From: Paul Smith
Subject: RE: how to allow multiple empty commands?
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 08:52:45 -0500

On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 00:15 -0800, Mark Galeck (CW) wrote:
> Yes, I thought so too... very elegant, except...  sort does not like a long
> list... darn it
>
> make.exe: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00000fd, addr = 0x4227d3)

Make is not intended to have any explicit limits: we used variable-sized
buffers for everything that we believe might get big.  Of course,
computers have only finite memory so there will always be SOME limit,
and sometimes we have (for performance reasons) used memory on the stack
where it ended up that we needed memory on the heap (e.g., a bug).

There may also be Windows-specific issues that I'm not familiar with,
but Eli can direct you there.