Re: intermediate files

From: Krzysztof Cieniuch
Subject: Re: intermediate files
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:56:01 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Noel David Torres Taño <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:36:42 +0100

Are you really looking for help or just trying to get us upset with you? Why don't you try and contract a personal professor?

I recognize that answers to some of the questions you have asked are not evident, but they are easy if you a) understand how make works and b) learn to read english. Which is your english proficency level? Do you really understand what make does and how it works in the big picture?

This is HELP-make mailing list.  The HELP part means its purpose is to
help.  If you have nothing helpful to say, there's an option to say
nothing.

TIA

Some might think that below is not very helpful ;-))
(So don't complain you've been warned)

I don't want to start war but before sending questions one should at least skim through:
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before

Especially I like the following from that page:
Never assume you are /entitled/ to an answer. You are not; you aren't, after all, paying for the service. You will earn an answer, if you earn it, by asking a substantial, interesting, and thought-provoking question — one that implicitly contributes to the experience of the community rather than merely passively demanding knowledge from others.

I admit that make is not easy to grasp so one must invest time and experiment a lot. I've spend hours reading make manual (and reading it again and again .... and again :-) but did that in parallel
with writing my own simple makefiles and experimenting.
Also articles about make on cm crossroads and Paul Smith web page were very helpful.

K.