help-mcsim

Objet : Help-mcsim digest, Vol 1 #139 - 1 msg

From: Frédéric BOIS
Subject: Objet : Help-mcsim digest, Vol 1 #139 - 1 msg
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:11:51 +0100

Hi,

If you want to do:

Distrib (Sigma_V, InvGamma, 2, 0.1823);
Distrib (Mean_V, Normal, 0.1, 1.2);  # values are abitrary
Distrib (V, TruncLogNormal, exp(Mean_V), exp(Sigma_V), 1e-6,10);

you have a problem with V, the way to do it is to define a variable Log_V and
do:

in the model definition file, define V and compute it in the Scale section as :
V = exp(Log_V);

in the input file:
Distrib (Sigma_V, InvGamma, 2, 0.1823);
Distrib (Mean_V, Normal, 0.1, 1.2);  # values are abitrary
Distrib (Log_V, TruncNormal, Mean_V, Sigma_V, -14, 2.3);

This way, V will have the lognormal distribution you want.
Note that we used InvGamma as priors for variances, as usually made, rather
than for SDs.
If you use a variance you would do:

Distrib (SigmaSquare_V, InvGamma, 2, 0.1823);
Distrib (Mean_V, Normal, 0.1, 1.2);  # values are abitrary
Distrib (Log_V, TruncNormal_v, Mean_V, SigmaSquare_V, -14, 2.3);

using the TruncNormal_v distribution specification.

I hope this helps.

Frederic Bois