[Help-nano] How to open nano with starting boilerplate?

From: Chris Johansen
Subject: [Help-nano] How to open nano with starting boilerplate?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:32:31 -0000

How does one open nano with starting boilerplate, but giving the new, finished
filename at the CLI?

I'd like to use nano as a bash shell script editor, having it open a "new"
file, name of my choosing, but always with the first line of text "#!/bin/sh"
in place.  I have a file sh.skel:

      #!/bin/sh

So, far, these things don't work in a script named shed:

      #!/bin/sh
      nano $1 < ./sh.skel

nor after adding a second line "EoF" to sh.skel

      #!/bin/sh
      nano $1 < ./sh.skel <<EoF

nor trying

      #!/bin/sh
      nano $1 <<<"#!/bin/sh"

I could, of course, "nano sh.skel" then immediately ^O "nameofmychoice.sh", but
I would rather simplify to "shed nameofmychoice.sh" with the same result

Is it possible?

Could you please also cc me if you reply to the list?  I cannot subscribe.
Thanks!

Regards,
--
Chris Johansen {johansen at main dot nc dot us}
http://2idi.com/contact/=christopher.karl.johansen