Re: [Help-nano] How to change nano background color

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] How to change nano background color
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 21:22:24 +0100

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 20:48, Matthew Hebley wrote:
> I (believe I) compiled it from nano-3.4.1.tar.gz.

2.4.1, you mean.  :)

> Can't remember the
> reason I upgraded. Maybe I should try 2.4.2, or try to revert to the
> original Apple version.

Trying to revert to the original Apple version is the first thing
I would try.  Then you'll maybe remember why you upgraded.  :)

The original version is maybe even still there.  Type 'type -a nano'
and see what it says.  If you have three nanos, and the first is
/usr/local/bin/nano, then the other two are most likely the originally
installed version.

If the original version behaves the way you want, backgroundwise,
then compile and run 2.3.2 and 2.3.3, and see how each of those
behaves.  (You don't have to install them; you can run them in
their source tree with 'src/nano'.)  Then please report back.

What is your default background colour for the terminal?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The way an email service should be