Re: mfilename work around

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: mfilename work around
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:24:13 -0400

On 22-May-2007, gOS wrote:

| Thank you. This code did work for me, and I've found the issue now. I'm
| trying to get code to work for both Matlab and Octave. In Matlab you don't
| need to declare a function name to use mfilename. This made sense because it
| grabbed the filename some how. Apparently I'm going to have to get creative
| since mfilename in octave is grabbing something else, something I can't
| route around with conditional logic. :/

In 2.9.x (with x sufficiently large) mfilename works for both scripts
and functions.  But as I recall, making that work required some
changes to the Octave interpreter, so you can't just grab the
mfilename function from 2.9.x and expect it to work in 2.1.x, and I
think that modifying the mfilename function from Octave Forge to
handle scripts as well as functions would be non trivial.

jwe