Re: How to get Octave.app to work 3

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: How to get Octave.app to work 3
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:53:20 +0200

John W. Eaton schrieb:
| On Sep 5, 2007, at 10:09 AM, Gaurav Khanna wrote:
| | > Hi
| >
| > I have heard a few other complaints regarding the octave.app. I | > will continue to release my own compiled binaries again very soon. | > Please check again in a couple of days (weeks?). Thanks for this | > message.

It would be good to know what causes the difference in performance.
Is there someone here who could investigate?  First I suppose we need
to know that the change in performance isn't due to some change in
2.9.9 -> 2.9.13, but is really caused by the way that Octave.app is
compiled.

jwe

Gaurav,

I'd like to know what exactly you mean by "I have heard a few other complaints regarding the octave.app". Details (good or bad) would help to improve an iterative development process like Octave.app. Is there still a hpc-binary release available that can be up-/downloaded?

  Thomas