Re: speed of octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: speed of octave
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:28:33 +0200

On 9/14/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> The GPL is a distribution license. It prevents you distributing Octave
> linked with MKL, but doesn't prevent you linking to MKL for your own
> purposes as long as you don't share. Hey I don't even need to link
> against it. With a little LD_PRELOAD magic on a version of Octave linked
> with atlas, I'll get to use MKL instead..

This is indeed what I do with ATLAS in the binary installer for Windows.
When building octave, I link it against generic F77 BLAS/LAPACK libs.
On installation, according to user's choice, I install either ATLAS or
generic F77 libs as blas.dll and lapack.dll. As long as the ATLAS DLL
provide the same symbols as the generic F77 DLL, everything is
fine.

Michael.