Re: gnuplot error

From: Robert Fong-tom
Subject: Re: gnuplot error
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:38:55 -0500

Hi,
I tried something different that worked. I put the line GNUTERM=x11 in a file called .profile. Why did I do this? In googling around I saw references to a .profile file, but I don't understand the differnce between .bash, .bashrc, and some other similar files which I can't remember the name of right now. Does you or anyone out there know the difference between these files?

Another question is can one set up the environment to use both?
Bob
Hardware: MacBook Pro Intel, OS X 10.4