Re: Re; Re; Windows

From: dmelliott
Subject: Re: Re; Re; Windows
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 23:59:49 -0500

Dear Jaroslav Hajek,

    All the binaries you have ever installed into a Windows OS.  Another
obfuscation "I didn't follow the discussion too close, but the impression I
got is that the legal argument for why we cannot distribute the binary is
somewhat technical ... ".

    Obviously there is absolutely nothing wrong with distributing binaries
for the WinOS, per se, or an entire economy would be crashing down.

    There is all sorts of freeware out there, that installs just fine.  The
only hitch I can see, if appropriate disclaimers are given, is using a
propriatary installer program without proper permission.

    Bad economic times promote interest in and a true need for freeware, and
if there was ever a time in which you could fulfill your goal:

" ... we knew that we wanted to create something that would enable students
to solve realistic problems, and that they could use for many things other
than chemical reactor design problems. Today, thousands of people worldwide
are using Octave in teaching, research, and commercial applications.

Copyright © 1998-2006 John W. Eaton. Verbatim copying and distribution is
permitted in any medium, provided this notice is preserved.
University of Wisconsin
Department of Chemical Engineering
Madison WI 53719"

it is now.