wavread problem with Octave 3.2.3

From: tdtodd
Subject: wavread problem with Octave 3.2.3
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 07:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm having a problem reading a wav file and getting "error: memory exhausted
or requested size too large for range of Octave's index type -- trying to
return to prompt".

The wav file is about 1.6MB (32-bit samples) and far below the
octave/machine size/memory limitations. I've noticed that if I give wavread
a second (size) argument which is larger than the number of samples in the
file, it reads the entire file in without any problem. I guess wavread is
having a problem reading the size of the file?

Any pointers or help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry