Re: wavread problem with Octave 3.2.3

From: tdtodd
Subject: Re: wavread problem with Octave 3.2.3
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 09:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jordi,

Yes, I think you are right. I had a quick look at the wav file format
and it seems pretty straightforward.

Various audio players have no problem playing my broken wav file just
fine. So they seem to ignore the ChunkSize field completely, and just
fetch data from the file until it reaches the end of the data
subchunk, which has its own size field. It seems that wavread only
uses the ChunkSize to limit the search when looking for new chunks.

Wavread could easily do a sanity check on this and output a
warning. However, maybe this issue isn't a common enough occurrence
that it is worth the effort?

Bye,
Terry