Re: Trouble with jhandles--installation issue?

From: Jonathan Kimball
Subject: Re: Trouble with jhandles--installation issue?
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:31:23 -0500

Such an obvious solution!  I should have tried it earlier.  Indeed the installation is relocatable.  I know that doesn't help anyone else, but it keeps my work going.  I'll check back in later when Octave 3.4 is out, to try out the new backend.

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Martin Helm <address@hidden> wrote:
Am Montag, 9. August 2010 04:02:16 schrieb Jonathan Kimball:
> I have another computer that is working correctly. It has Octave 3.0.1,
> which I installed from an Octave Forge package some time ago.  It includes
> java 1.2.4 and jhandles 0.3.3.  However, I can no longer find that package.
>  Octave 3.0.1 would be acceptable for what I'm trying to do.  Could you
> advise me on how I can get that?  At some point when I was trying to get
> things to work, I tried the Octave 3.0.2 package and had similar problems
>  as with 3.2.4.
>
> Thanks for all your help!
> Jonathan

I thought about this a little late, I think this installation is relocatable.
That means you have a chance just to take the complete folder where this
octave 3.0 is installed from this machine and copy it to another machine to
use it. For your personal use the license issue mentioned does not apply as
long as you do not distribute this version.

Maybe you have luck and it simply works.

- mh