Re: installation error statistics-1.1.0 on octave 3.5.90+

From: indium
Subject: Re: installation error statistics-1.1.0 on octave 3.5.90+
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 11:30:12 +0100

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 05:28:09PM -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 29 December 2011 17:17, indium <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have upgraded to the latest development version on ubuntu linux on a
> > macbook pro 6,2. I get the following error below.
>
> If you are using the development version of Octave, please refer to
> the development mailing lists: address@hidden for Octave core
> and address@hidden for Octave-Forge packages.
>
> > warning: function /D/network/me/share/octave/mbp/strings-1.0.7/strtrim.m
> > shadows a core library function
> > warning: function /D/network/me/share/octave/mbp/statistics-1.1.0/fstat.m
> > shadows a core library function
> > warning: function /D/network/me/share/octave/mbp/statistics-1.1.0/zscore.m
> > shadows a core library function
>
> I believe the problems you are seeing have also been addressed in the
> svn version of the statistics package or is in the process of being
> addressed. The problem is simply that some functions from the
> statistics package have been moved to Octave core.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Apologies for posting to the wrong list indeed.

The warnings you refer to above were not what I was referring to in the
previous email: it was the compilation that gave an error related to
some curly brackets. I'm not sure if it influences the functions
themselfs, but the documentation doesn't 'work' anymore.

Anyway, this is not the right place to post this. I will work with the
previous statistics package, wait a while or switch back to the stable
octave release.

thanks for the clarification.